09 November 2009

Buh-whuh? Another blog?

Yes, I know I already have a blog over at ottens.co.uk called Cinema is Cinema, and I've so far been lackluster in updating it as frequently as intended. I'm hoping to remedy that, but this may also help a little. Why would starting a new blog help? Well, think of this one as a companion. I'll make quick notes on movies as I see them, and try to make mention of every one after viewing.

I'd like to think that this one will be a lot more relaxed and low key. My blog over at the Gatehouse is already geared towards a large audience on a well-run and elegant website, so I end up with the pressure to be professional. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I'm looking to pursue film studies professionally and that blog gives me experience speaking intellectually about films on a regular basis. However, it does mean that writing a post because a much more daunting task than simply spewing out a few comments on film. Again, this is very good in that it pushes me to improve, but makes it harder to keep up with it in the midst of all sorts of coursework, etc.

If I keep this one much more light and informal, I think it'll free me up to get quick ideas out first that I can refine later for the blog proper.

Also, this one will be more suited to movies I watch that would seem hardly worth noting in Cinema is Cinema proper. For example, perhaps I'll do a little write-up on such horrors of cinema as Gamer and Diatron 5 (a.k.a. Space Transformers) and eventually, when I watch it with Dan and Alex, Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

So here's my list of movies I currently plan on writing about for Cinema is Cinema proper:

Taxi Driver
The Third Man
Wild Strawberries
Eroica
The Cranes are Flying
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Shop on High Street
Videodrome
Hana-bi
Loves of a Blonde

Of course, some may be cut as I consider the list and as it grows larger as the days pass.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new blog, sir! I've added a link in the sidebar of The Gatehouse and mentioned it in today's "Gatehouse Bulletin". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete